2019 - Current
2018 - 2019
2017 - 2018
2015 - 2017
2014 - 2017
2009 - 2013
2016 - current
2016 - 2018
Inquire for contact info
Art Director - Marvel Studios - What If...?
- Developed “What If’s” design & shape language, helped determine overall style of the show.
- Designed original locations and translated existing locations (from reality, comics, and MCU) into show style.
- 2D layout supervisor and main bridge between 2D and 3D departments. Broke down animatics for
location design needs, reuse opportunities, and artist/vendor assignments.
- Launched & reviewed 2D and 3D artwork from vendors and in-house artists from concept to production,
ensuring style accuracy and continuity across multiple vendors, episodes, and 100’s of locations.
- Worked with 3D Sup. to guide translation from 2D artwork to 3D environments and camera scouts
- Interviewed and Selected new hires for art and production, trained young artists in industry standard practices.
- Developed pitches & worked closely with producers and executives to develop pipeline and facilitate
interdepartmental workflow, file hygiene and organization, and artist assignment tracking and scheduling.
Background Designer/2D Layout Artist - Nickelodeon - Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Designed key environments, backgrounds, and props.
Adhered strictly to highly developed and distinct comic-book-inspired visual style.
Ensured continuity between multiple shots & sequences.
Background Designer/2D Layout Artist - Titmouse - Venture Brothers, Niko & the Sword of Light
Designed key backgrounds, props, & storyboard/environmental hookups for Amazon’s
“Niko and the Sword of Light”, and Adult Swim’s TV series “The Venture Brothers” under tight deadlines.
Visual Development & Concept Artist - Original Force Animation
Involved on Multiple unreleased feature projects including Old-Zilla, and 10-lives.
Designed & packaged original props, concept art, & environments (pre-production & production).
Assisted with style development, story, & character design.
Worked directly with Production Designers, Directors, Painters, Modelers, Character, Story, and Marketing.
Visual Development & Concept Artist - Sony Pictures Animation
Involved on Multiple feature projects including Smurfs, Medusa, and Star.
Concept Artist, Illustrator, and Background designer - DWTV & Lego Systems Inc.
Worked with producers to design & Paint backgrounds, assets, and concept art for in-company pitches
Concept Artist - Disney Interactive
Created concept art, presentations, paint-overs, and finished art for mobile and console games.
Reviewed and corrected Vendor artwork to be in-style.
Worked closely with artists & art directors, game designers & developers, and marketing.
Digital - Photoshop. Loosely familiar with Illustrator, InDesign, Excel, Maya, SolidWorks, Sketchup.
Traditional - Figure & perspective drawing, textiles/sewing, paint, wood, metal, paper craft, clay.
Art Center College of Design - BFA with honors in Illustration
- (Recurring) Art Center College of Design Pasadena, CA
- California State University Northridge, CA
- New West Charter School Los Angeles, CA
Workshop Assistant Instructor - Will Weston, Society of Illustrators, Animation Guild, Los Angeles, CA
Fine Art Group Shows - The Brewery Art Colony , & Hive Gallery - Los Angeles, CA
Paul Lasaine - Production Designer, Marvel Studios
Sandra Rabins - Executive Vice President, Paramount Animation
Marcelo Vignali - Director of Creative Development, Company 3
Will Weston - Co-founder of Drawing America & former Professor, Art Center College of Design